Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] no navigation data
04-12-20, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-20 03:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] no navigation data
Hello,

I have a Raymarine L760 MFD networked to an Evolution Autopilot (p70 control head, ACU 200, EV sensor) via the Seatalk to Seatalk NG converter. When I set a goto cursor or waypoint in the MFD and attempt to go into Track mode, the P70 responds with a No Navigation Data. The Evolution was installed last December and the software for the converter updated to the latest version 2.03 at that time. I know the converter functions because the MFD shows the GPS position and speed of the vessel from a Raymarine RS130 GPS sensor attached to the SeaTalk ng bus. The P70 is also able to read the wind vane sensor interfaced to the SeaTalk bus via an ST60 Wind Instrument. I have verified that additional SeaTak data is being placed on the bus when the goto is engaged from the SeaTalk data screen (debug/test output). Also the MFD worked perfectly in track mode with the original SG1 autopilot. Please advise.

Regards,
John C.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-20, 03:15 PM
RE: [CA11] no navigation data
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum John,

As with a C-Series Classic MFD which has been interfaced to an Evolution autopilot via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, it will be necessary to enter a manual local variation value via the autopilot's control head menus. Failure to do so will result in the autopilot control head reported No Nav Data when commanded into Track mode.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply