Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] SPX5 and Axiom9
04-20-20, 06:16 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-20 09:09 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] SPX5 and Axiom9
I´m currently replacing my old instrumentation ST50 with a i70S package (DST800, windvane, ITC-5). The autopilot SPX5 (software version 1.20) with control head ST6002 is connected to STng backbone via the ST1 to STng converter. The Axiom 9 is on the STng backbone.

Will the setup according the attached diagram work properly controlling the SPX (Auto, Track, Vane) from the ST6002?

Is there any advantage to upgrade the software to 3.05 and connect the course computer directly to the STng backbone? I have to dismantle the course computer and take to Raymarine service center for software upgrade.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Instrumentation.pdf (Size: 29.98 KB / Downloads: 271)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-20, 09:08 AM
RE: [LW11] SPX5 and Axiom9
Hi stm

Thankyou for your enquiry

the system will operate as per your attached schematic.

Please note that when in track mode the AXIOM will need to be set to follow a route so that it will start to output track information to the converter, you will then need to select AUTO and then Track on the ST6002 in order to be able to follow the route from the AXIOM. the ST6002 will still be able to calibrate the SPX computer and AUTo, vane, Standby etc will still function correctly.

In time as you replace the ST6002, you can switch everything to STng, note that full integration with the AXIOM will only happen if you upgrade the Autoipilot to an Evolution system - so I suggest no benefit in the Software update to the SPX right now.
Regards
Derek
05-24-20, 04:49 AM
RE: [LW11] SPX5 and Axiom9
Thank you Derek for your reply. It was very helpful.