Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] How to remove safe distance ring?
04-21-20, 05:12 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-20 04:01 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] How to remove safe distance ring?
I have an Axiom Pro RVX that is showing a white dotted circle on the chart page. I'm assuming this is a safety distance circle? How can I go about removing this from the charts?

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-20, 10:48 AM
RE: [CA11] How to remove safe distance ring?
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Mleads310,

The feature which you have referenced is referred to is the user configurable circle of safe distance associated with the Collision Avoidance feature. It may be configured shown/hidden via the Show safe distance configuration setting (MENU->SETTINGS->COLLISION AVOIDANCE->SHOW SAFE DISTANCE) from within the Chart application. More information on this subject may be found within the Dangerous target alarms section of Chapter 8.6 - Target tracking of the LightHouse 3.11 Advanced Operation Instructions.
04-23-20, 10:22 AM
Chuck, thank you for the quick response.

Please help me out here as I'm totally confused. I tried finding the options you have listed on my MFD and I cannot find them. I even reviewed the lighthouse manual with no luck.

I believe I'm just not understanding something in all this. I've tried the following:

I start my axiom pro. I press settings button on the bottom right side. I went thru every listed option and nothing under any of the options lists shutting this avoidance off.

I then tried starting my axiom. Press my chart page. Chart is now shown on screen. I press the options/setting button on the top right side (the 3 lines button). I've gone thru every option listed from that point and again I do not see anything referencing shutting this off?

Forgive me in advance as im not great with terminology used in the manual IE: "chart app".....is this the chart button after I power up my Axiom? Etc.

And just for clarification of what I have installed in my system. Axiom Pro RVX 12, axiom RV 9, RD418HD, B765.

Radar and transducer are plugged into the axiom pro rvx directly (master unit) and the axiom RV is connected to the axiom pro rvx via a Raynet cable.
04-23-20, 11:18 AM
Mleads310,

Q1. I start my axiom pro. I press settings button on the bottom right side. I went thru every listed option and nothing under any of the options lists shutting this avoidance off.
A1. This is not the correct starting point. The correct starting point of the command sequence is the Chart application being viewed. A page may be configured to display one or more applications (Chart, Radar, Fishinder, Camera, etc.). The feature which you are seeking to change is within one of the pages which has been configured to display the Chart application.

Q2. I then tried starting my axiom. Press my chart page. Chart is now shown on screen. I press the options/setting button on the top right side (the 3 lines button). I've gone thru every option listed from that point and again I do not see anything referencing shutting this off?
A2. Pressing the Menu icon (three lines) will display the Chart application's menu. This menu should include a Targets menu option. Selecting this will in turn display the Targets dialog featuring a number of tabs. Select the tab titled Collision Avoidance and then configure the Show safe distance option to OFF.
05-13-20, 08:42 PM
Finally got back to the boat today and followed your instructions.. thank you!