Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Gs Series Issues
04-22-20, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-20 08:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Gs Series Issues
Running Gs195 as master with a Gs195, Gs125, Gs95 as slaves. Lighthouse 3 installed on all units. Trouble is analog camera plugged into master does not appear on slaves post installation of a Flir M300c, master can see. Master nor Gs95 seem to be able to send an HDMI signal out. Earlier I ran a cable from the bridge Gs195 and could see it via HDMI.

Any input here?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-20, 09:54 AM
RE: [CA11] Gs Series Issues
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum rtrafford,

Q1. Trouble is analog camera plugged into master does not appear on slaves post installation of a Flir M300c, master can see.
A1. Unlike Axiom Pro and Axiom XL MFDs, eS/gS-Series MFDs running LightHouse 3 software are not designed to encode video. Accordingly, the analog output of the M300c should be disconnected from the gS-Series MFD's Power/NMEA 0183/Video Input Cable. As the M300c is designed to support RTSP video streaming, the camera's Ethernet communications interface may either be interfaced to an available Ethernet Network (RayNet) socket of one of the system's gS-Series MFDs or HS5 RayNet Network Switch. When interfaced in this manner, all networkedMFDs within the system would then support control of the thermal camera as well as the ability to view video from the thermal camera.
04-23-20, 03:17 PM
Flir M300C is plugged into the Raynet hub. Analog Ray camera is plugged into the BNC power cord plug on the master.

All 4 units see the Flir with no issue. Only the master sees the analog.
04-23-20, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-20 04:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
rtrafford,

Q. All 4 units see the Flir with no issue. Only the master sees the analog.
A. This is as expected. Per my prior response, eS/gS-Series MFDs are not designed to encode video. Without such capability, only those MFDs to which the analog video source has been directly interfaced will be able to view video from the analog video source. To work around this limitation, one may connect the analog video source to a third party video encoder, which in turn may be interfaced to an available Ethernet Network (RayNet) socket of one of the system's gS-Series MFDs or HS5 RayNet Network Switch. I employ this solution onboard my own boat to permit the system's five MFDs to each display imagery from the boat's thermal camera which only features analog video output capability.
04-23-20, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-20 07:38 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Consider using a BNC splitter and share the signal with the power cable ports on slave units?
How about the HDMI question? I have no apparent HDMI output from the Gs units? I thought software glitch, so I reloaded each with the latest software. Any thoughts there?
04-24-20, 07:50 AM
rtrafford,

Q1. Consider using a BNC splitter and share the signal with the power cable ports on slave units?
A1. A simple BNC splitter would not typically be recommended for this purpose due to signal loss ... particularly if expecting to display the video on multiple sources. A quality amplified video splitter would typically be used as an alternative to a video encoder.

Q2. How about the HDMI question? I have no apparent HDMI output from the Gs units?
A2. What type of device are you sending the HDMI signal to? What resolutions does the device on which you are attempting to view the MFD's signal support? Does the device report any messages regarding the video feed? Finally, what LightHouse 3 application's have you attempted to repeat on that device?
04-24-20, 03:59 PM
BNC, I have a 1 to 4 powered BNC splitter coming that is allegedly rated for analog signal. We'll see how that goes.

HDMI: Ran HDMI from 19" Master to TV directly. No signal. Ran HDMI from slave 9". No signal. Ran HDMI from both 19" and 12" slaves on bridge, both gave signal as designed. SO, I re-routed the HDMI cable from the Bridge 19" slave to the HDMI powered splitter 1 to 8, and HDMI signal was received at all TV sets as designed. SO the HDMI issue seems to be within the two Pilot House units, master and slave. All units have the same version of LH3 installed. Otherwise, no clue, but I can be comfortable with the HDMI signal from that bridge slave station, and have thusly run the HDMI permanent install. Any thoughts as to an issue?
04-27-20, 09:06 AM
rtrafford,

Q. Any thoughts as to an (HDMI) issue?
A. Barring a possible issue with the HDMI cable used at the lower station (would recommend testing with the same or another quality HDMI cable) it would appear that that the HDMI circuitry of the lower station displays may have suffered a failure. To leave no stone unturned, it would be recommended that you consider performing a Power ON Factory Reset on the affected MFDs. Should the problem persist and should it be desired to utilize the HDMI output from the affected MFDs, then would should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
05-29-20, 10:12 AM
Thank you. The BNC 1 to 4 splitter worked well for the single camera, running a splitter output to the power cord BNC plug of each unit. The system shares all cameras well at this point. Much appreciated, and I now better understand how to move forward on future improvements to the system.