Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom compatibly with Simrad tp32 tiller pilot
04-28-20, 03:20 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-20 07:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom compatibly with Simrad tp32 tiller pilot
Hey all,

My boat came with a Simrad tp32 tiller pilot installed when I purchased it. It had no other electronics to speak of. I have just added an axiom 7” display and an ev-1 compass along with ais, and depth and wind transducers. I had planned to use the tiller pilot as a stand-alone until today when I discovered that it may be possible to use the tp32 to receive waypoint information from the axiom and navigate along a course that I set in the mfd. That would be great! I haven’t been able to confirm if the Axiom is compatible though, assuming that I can get the two to talk. The tp32 is NMEA 0183 but has a simnet cable connection. Simnet is nmea 2000 compatible. So if I get the appropriate adapter cables to link the tp32 to my seatalk ng network will this work? According to the tiller pilot documentation, the tiller pilot takes the waypoint data directly from the mfd, and there are no intermediary components required.

Thanks for the help!

Chris
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-20, 09:10 AM
RE: [CA11] Axiom compatibly with Simrad tp32 tiller pilot
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Chris,

Q. So if I get the appropriate adapter cables to link the tp32 to my seatalk ng network will this work?
A. Quite possibly ... assuming that Simnet is indeed NMEA 2000 compliant. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing whether one's Raymarine product function with my third party marine electronics product. If attempting to interface these products to support NMEA 2000 communications, then a powered and properly terminated NMEA 2000 backbone would need to be constructed and these two devices would each be interfaced as a spur to that backbone. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the Axiom MFD's Autopilot Controls feature and expectations when used within systems not featuring a third party autopilot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply