The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 9 Reboot issues
04-28-20, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-20 01:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 9 Reboot issues
Hello there! I'm brand new to this site ( and Raymarine equipment built after 1992); so please bare with me if I don't give enough technical details:
I posted this ( I thought) as a response to another thread; but it disappeared on me... it may be that I wasn't cleared by a Mod yet. :)

I have a newly acquired '19 Whaler, factory installed with an Axiom 9, tied into no other equipment, other than an external SD card drive in the dash, that's being used for a Navoionics chip.
The unit won't recognize the chart in the external drive most times, or the presence of an external drive and requires that I turn the unit completely off and eject the card; then re install with the unit powered up to recognize the chart.

It's also rebooted itself 4 times, in about 7 hours of total boating time. In all 4 cases I was using the Navionics chart. In 2 of the 4 cases it rebooted itself, but in 2 of them it locked up completely in a reboot loop, and I had to completely remove power from the unit to get it to restart. I did get an error message once that said "no chart data on file" - and once that was cleared, the unit restarted itself.

Silly question as well - The boat had a Mercury motor with the Vessel View Mobile unit- shouldn't I also be able to read and recognize engine data from the MFD? I have no idea if they installed a NMEA 2000 backbone or not; but I can't imagine they wouldn't.

I'd planned on adding a FLIR or Q2 radar to the boat this season, and the other next season ; but there seems to be several scattered threads about this reboot issue, under various topics and conditions; many of which it appears haven't gotten past the "send us your error logs and crash files " stage. I'm Leary of adding variables to a system that's being this pesky. Because it's a brand new unit, what are my warranty options if any?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Axiom 9 Reboot issues - Puddlejockey - 04-28-20 11:35 AM