Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Network Issues
04-28-20, 07:35 PM
RE: [TG11] Network Issues (Volvo engines, both appear as Port)
Hello Mustang 3200,

I'm not sure if we've spoken on this - I had a very similar-sounding support call yesterday - but if so, I thought that the problem was that you were getting no data at all rather than that both engines were appearing as if they were Port, on the left side of the screen.

If both engines are appearing as Port then that's a very common issue: that's the Instance field within the engine messages. Instance is the numerical value that NMEA2000 uses to show which of multiple engines, tanks, batteries etc. a particular bit of data applies to. The NMEA2000 specification says that in a twin-engine system, 0=Port, 1=Starboard but in your system your Easy Connect is transmitting both engines as Instance zero, which means that the MFD has no way to tell that one of them is in fact starboard.

This is indeed a Volvo setup issue, your Volvo engine installer (or perhaps this is a simple menu setup item on the Volvo gauges) just needs to configure the Starboard engine to be Instance 1 as it should be. It's not a fault, just setup.

By the way, the reason why the Raymarine MFD's engine setup wizard isn't working is just that that's designed to configure our ECI-100 engine gateway, it can't set up the Volvo interfaces.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] Network Issues - Mustang 3200 - 04-28-20, 03:28 PM
RE: [TG11] Network Issues (Volvo engines, both appear as Port) - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-28-20 07:35 PM