Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] E7 series MFD with a B744V transducer
05-04-20, 12:58 AM
RE: eS-series MFD with a B744V transducer
Hi Bob,

Yes, I know Jay, I visited Goleta 3 or 4 years ago for some training. A beautiful part of the world - I loved cycling the Gibraltar Road, would do that again any day.

E70284 is an eS127 - ok, I was thinking you had an e7D before. On eSx7 type displays we did occasionally see transducer detection issues. The transducer detection uses a simple Sense resistor (and on 600W transducers like B744V this is very simple: 0 ohms, short-circuit between the sense pair) so there's not an awful lot to go wrong there. I would suggest double-checking that the Sense resistance at the display end of the transducer cable is correct using the pin-out of the eS-MFD-direct version of the B744V (that is, what you'll see on the display end of the E66066) using the appropriate wiring diagram, taken from Airmar's cross-reference. Look between pins 5 and 6.

Assuming that the transducer sense line is ok that implies either a problem in the display or some noise signal being picked up on cabling. This latter is a real thing, we know that it can cause transducer detection issues in other systems and have seen it many times, so the next test I would do is power the eS127 up completely in isolation: either on its own battery temporarily, or as far as possible ensuring that nothing else on the boat is either consuming current or supplying charge (either can induce noise).

If no improvement then, then that narrows it down fairly clearly to the display. I'd back up your settings and data (Home > My Data) and then do a Factory Reset as the next step (press and hold Back at power-up, described in more detail in the handbook), and if no change there, then I'd consider getting the display checked by our Service centre. If you have access to another compatible transducer though (either direct-connect or using that E66066 adaptor) then I would try that though, as very occasionally we saw systems that didn't work with Transducer A, did work with Transducer B, and then after that worked with Transducer A. Personally I never got to the bottom of why that was, but worth a try nevertheless.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: eS-series MFD with a B744V transducer - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-04-20 12:58 AM