Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ES128 only loading some waypoints
04-29-20, 07:53 AM (This post was last modified: 04-29-20 09:34 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] ES128 only loading some waypoints
I have (2) interfaced ES128s. I have done the research and downloaded the appropriate GPX file for public waypoints for FL gulf coast. I continue to get the "Card in Use" error and nothing will import. I downloaded a GPX file editor and changed all names to under 16 characters and still nothing will load. I will attach the file here
I have another file with private numbers (around 2000 numbers) and it only loads 408 of them. After a quick look at the file, most that are not loading do not possess the constraints as far as I can tell.

Please look at this public file and let me know why it will not upload on my machines. I have tried all 4 card slots with the same results

Thanks
Travis

Attached File(s)
.gpx  EscambiaReefs.gpx (Size: 78.38 KB / Downloads: 134)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-20, 09:38 AM
RE: [CA11] ES128 only loading some waypoints
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Travis,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. While the names of the waypoints appear to be in compliance with the requirements for LightHouse II and LightHouse 3 software, the comments for the waypoints contain characters and possible comment lengths which violate these constraints.
04-29-20, 09:58 AM
Would violations on just some of the waypoint comments cause the system to not upload any of them?
04-29-20, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-20 01:17 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Travis,

Q. Would violations on just some of the waypoint comments cause the system to not upload any of them?
A. Typically, processing will suspend on the first such constraint violation encountered. Depending upon where the constraint violations occurs in the GPX file, such violations may result in none or some of the waypoint data being imported. The GPX file which you had attach had a constraint violation (apostrophe) within the comment of the file's first waypoint. In this case, I would not have expected any of the file's waypoints to be imported.
04-29-20, 04:27 PM
I forgot to add that I got all the waypoints within the parameters of less than 16 characters for the name in less than 32 characters in comments and still having trouble loading half of them. Leads me to believe that the latitude and longitude has to be converted on the remainder. Not sure what else it would be
04-30-20, 10:22 AM
Travis,

Q. Leads me to believe that the latitude and longitude has to be converted on the remainder.
A. Not likely. GPX files utilize a standard format for coordinates. Should you attach your updated GPX file, then I may be able to identify other issues which the MFD may be stumbling upon. Finally, please ensure that the MFD is either operating with LHII v19.03 software or with LH3 v3.11.42 software.
04-30-20, 10:55 AM
Issue has been resolved. There were a few hiding characters in the waypoint names and comments(mostly " and -) that were helping throw the error code. All cleared out now. Everything loaded successfully on machine. Thanks for the guidance
04-30-20, 01:11 PM
You're welcome.