Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Axiom 12 Shows Grossly Incorrect date
05-13-20, 06:59 AM
RE: [TG11] Axiom 12 Shows Grossly Incorrect date
Hi Tom, thanks for the quick reply. I will take recordings as you requested and post them here. The unit is a standard Axiom 12. Before I saw your post I ran the network to see what I actually have attached as I only bought the boat a couple of months ago. One of the accessories is a Garmin 17x nmea2000 external GPS antenna. I looked up their web site and noticed their last update corrected a incorrect date issue. It was only rolled out at the end of last year hence whilst the boat was up for sale at the dealer the antenna was not updated to address this date issue so it’s still running old software. I have downloaded their new update which addresses the known date issue but now have to figure out how to apply it to the unit. Don’t know if that can be done though the axiom as this accessory is on the network but does not have its own sd card slot.
I was thinking of using the Axioms own internal antenna, however the unit is located in a hard top and is flat mounted into a dashboard. Do you think the internal antenna would still be strong enough? I guess this way if the date comes good I know it must be the external antenna that is causing the issue. I’ll post my recording tomorrow. Many thanks for your help.

Thanks
Ronald.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Axiom 12 Shows Grossly Incorrect date - Ronj31 - 05-13-20 06:59 AM