Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Wind transducer wind angle issue
05-21-20, 10:39 PM
RE: [TG11] Wind transducer wind angle issue
Hello TKP62,

Hmm. If the windvane were connected to the i60 then you can reset through its menu, but I'll have to check on resetting wind linearisation on ITC5: it won't be through the i60, would need to be through i70 but I'm not sure that there is an option in the software to do that (I only have the handbook and memory to go on as I'm working offsite and don't have a comparable system here to test with, as I would on my desk.)

No, turning the windvane by hand shouldn't be an issue, this would be little different from a normal linearisation in gusty conditions. I *believe* that the system is simply comparing the sine-cosine curves and smoothing out discrepancies between the two.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Wind transducer wind angle issue - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-21-20 10:39 PM