Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom 9 Pro integration question
05-14-20, 04:18 PM
Axiom 9 Pro integration question
I am installing a Axiom 9 Pro into an older system. The system currently has RN 300 GPS, Pathfinder RL70C Plus, ST 40 Depth ST 6001 AutoPilot,
Raydome 2D, DSM 250 Digital Sounder Module. My plan was to stop using the RL70C and for now go with out Radar as I really do not use it anyway.

I am planning on connecting the ST 6001 using NEMA0183 because the course computer is a 100 and also connecting the ST40 using NEMA0183. However I forgot about my Horizon GX1700 and if possible would like it connected to the Axiom 9 Pro. Finally I would like to connect the the transducer from the DSM250 if possible which is a RAYMAINE B256 using an adapter cable.

1) Can I hook up the St6001, ST40 and GX1700 using NEMA0183? It looks like there are only 2 Ports.

2) If I can not hook up everything in question 1, could I connect up the ST40 using a Seatalk to SeatalkNG converter? If so what else would I need?

3) Is there an adapter cable that would interface my B256 transducer to the Axiom 9 Pro?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-20, 09:02 AM
RE: Axiom 9 Pro integration question
Hello ktyminski,

Q1) Can I hook up the St6001, ST40 and GX1700 using NEMA0183? It looks like there are only 2 Ports.
A1-The correct way to interface the ST6001, ST40 and all the seatalk equipment is the use the Seatalk to STNG converter(E22158).
The GX1700 can be interfaced using the available NMEA0183 connections on the Axiom Pro 9 power cable.

Q2) If I can not hook up everything in question 1, could I connect up the ST40 using a Seatalk to SeatalkNG converter? If so what else would I need?
A2-Please see A1.

Q3) Is there an adapter cable that would interface my B256 transducer to the Axiom 9 Pro?
A3- Yes, assuming this is the Pro RVX model and not the -s model the adapter part number is A80496.

Chris,

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Axiom Pro MFD Installation instructions 87319-2-EN.pdf (Size: 2.7 MB / Downloads: 272)
05-21-20, 11:20 AM
Chris, I may not have provided all the necessary information and need clarification on your reply.

The Course Computer attached to the ST6001 is a model 100. Based on everything I read this needs to connect to the Axiom 9 PRO RVX over NEMA0183. Is that correct or can I use Seatalk?

The adapter you referenced to connect up the B256 Transducer from the DSM250 to the Axiom is an 8 pin adapter. The plug on the B256 is a 7 PIN. Am I missing something?
05-21-20, 01:25 PM
Hello ktyminski,

No you actually can use Seatalk. If the 2nd port on the ST6001 is open you can plug the converter in there. The converter only needs to connect to the Seatalk at on point and it does not matter where in the Seatalk side that is.

Great question on the transducer adapter.
The adapter cable has seven pins and a keyway which they cound as a "pin". Your transducer cable has seven sockets for pins and one socket for the keyway making it eight if you include the keyway.

It is the correct adapter.

That adapter will adapt all DSM250/DSM300/cp300/cp370 transducers to the Axiom Pro RVX.

Chris,
05-22-20, 05:53 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-20 01:30 PM by Chris - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Just wanted to confirm I have it right.....

1) The ST40 is connected to the Type 100 Course Computer using 1 of the Seatalk Connections.

2) The ST6001 is connected to the Type 100 Course Computer using 1 of the Seatalk Connections. The other Seatalk connection on the ST6001 is connected to the Seatalk to SeatalkNG converter using the supplied cable that came with the converter.

3) The terminators that came with the Seatalk to SeatalkNG converter are installed in the 2 end ports on the converter. The power cable that came with the converter is on one of the white ports on the converter and connected to 12 volt source. The spur that cable that came with the converter is plugged into the other white port on the converter and connected to the Axiom 9 Pro RVX.

4) The adapter A80496 will be used to connect the B256 to the Axiom 9 Pro RVX.

5) The VHF NMEA0183 +/- output cable will be connected to the NMEA0183 input cables on the the Axiom 9 Pro RVX
05-26-20, 01:32 PM
Hello ktyminski,

Everything in your previous post is correct. You do have it right.

Chris,
05-26-20, 03:25 PM
Hi. I have a Axiom 9 pro with a transom mount transducer and i want to ad a depth through hull transducer also.
What specific box do i need to run both transducers.
Axiom 9 only has 1 transducer port input.
06-01-20, 12:31 AM
Hello Whytebw,

Welcome to the Raymarine forum,

To add a transducer to your Axiom Pro S please visit the Sensors & Peripherals tab here > Axiom 9 Pro. It will most likely need a CP370 or a similar transducer driver box.

You need to supply more detail about the hull material, type of vessel and the intended use for the transducer if you want more support in this matter.

Happy boating and kind regards
Jules