Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Dragonfly 5 Pro Noise
05-31-20, 10:45 PM
RE: [TG11] Dragonfly 5 Pro Noise
Hi mackhax0r,

No, your sounder's working fine. The echoes you're seeing on the screen are - with the exception of the surface-clutter band which is in part the 'ringing' of the transducer and is common to all sounders - all real echoes in the water. The Dragonfly is, by design, a very sensitive sounder, capable of picking up details that other and older sounders would likely miss. If the image you're seeing is a little more cluttered than you'd like then you can reduce that by reducing the Gain or increasing the Noise Filter, but that's a personal-preference thing and personally I would always recommend leaving the system in Auto because I feel that it's better to see everything that can be seen and decide for yourself what's an important echo, rather than trying to hide clutter by reducing Gain and potentially also hiding more interesting returns such as the fish on the edge of the transducer beam.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Dragonfly 5 Pro Noise - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-31-20 10:45 PM