Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Recalibration of wind instrument after iTc-5 software upgrade
05-31-20, 09:32 PM
RE: [TG11] Recalibration of wind instrument after iTc-5 software upgrade
Hello Tony,

Yes, the only way to be sure that the wind speed data from the masthead is really correct is to look at the signals on an oscilloscope and count the frequency of the pulses - which is what our service workshop would do - but if the cups speed to be spinning visibly slower than an adjoining boat then I don't think you need to go to that level: your windvane's bearings are probably not as free as they used to be. This was a common problem on the old-style windvanes and was one of the key improvements in the current design.

Quote:Based on the attached picture can you tell me if this is an "old" or "new" style connector? I read somewhere in the forum there is an o-ring on the old that needs to be removed but was unclear if it somehow had to be re-installed?

This is the old-style connector. To use a new windvane on the old base, you should indeed remove the O-ring from the seat of the socket of the old base. This is not replaced or re-used: the new windvane seals with an O-ring around the windvane's shaft, which compressed against the outside of the windvane's male connector assembly by its captive locking ferrule, rather than in the mounting socket.

On the fluxgate, yes, by 'screen' we mean the bare, non-insulated wire. Sorry the terminology wasn't clear.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Recalibration of wind instrument after iTc-5 software upgrade - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-31-20 09:32 PM