Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Loss of GPS satellite fix
06-02-20, 09:12 AM
RE: [TG11] Loss of GPS satellite fix
Thanks for the response-

Answers:
1.The dates of the Lost Fix alarms shown in the history are 24th May - have you used the system since, and did you see fix problems then? Was anything different between then and when you took the photos?
A: yes, on the 25th- same result.

2. When you get the Route Complete message, I assume that the next waypoint is still some distance off? How far, approximately? What is your Waypoint Arrival Radius in your Alarm setup? Do you have a Seatalk1 - SeatalkNG convertor in the system? (I am looking possible early waypoint-arrival alerts in a couple of systems where there's an ST1-STNG convertor.)
A. a)yes- it varies... sometime it is 14mi= other I saw about 3mi. I did notice when it did thaon one occasion (I only noticed it 1 time because I checked), the MFD said the WP was 80+ mi away and I know foe a fat it was less than 15mi- I restarted the unit and the distance came back to 14.xxmi. B) yes its set really close-350ft I believe. C). Im not 100% sure. the RS130 is plugged directly into the MFD using the STng port.

3. Under Home>Settings>Network> Data sources, it was set as follows: GPS- RS130, GPS Datum-Internal, Time and Date-RS130.
I manually selected the RS130 under GPS Datum now. Do you think that was the conflict causing the issue?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Loss of GPS satellite fix - rltrbill - 06-02-20 09:12 AM