Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Loss of GPS satellite fix
06-02-20, 09:49 PM
RE: [TG11] Loss of GPS satellite fix
Hello Bill,

No, the Datum source wouldn't have caused this kind of problem I would say: although mis-matched datums could give you a position error:
  1. both Internal and RS130 ought to have been on the same default WGS84 setting anyway
  2. a datum error would have a much smaller magnitude than that
  3. a datum error should be consistent over time

Did you toggle the GPS position source (e.g. manual > auto > manual again)? In software systems it's possible to sometimes get two components or services which each think that the state of the system/setting is different; toggling the setting gets them both in synch, so it's well worth doing just to be sure. I have seen this fix similar-sounding issues in the past.

If you're no further forward after this then I will ask you to record NMEA2000 data on your MFD when the problem is occurring, so that we can look at the traffic and see what's happening. Please record at least a couple of instances of the problem, ideally somewhere between a few minutes and an hour or so of NMEA2000 data, and then post that recorded data back here for me to have a look.

Thanks,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Loss of GPS satellite fix - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-02-20 09:49 PM