Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Updating to new Axiom 9 from C-80
05-27-20, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-20 11:35 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Updating to new Axiom 9 from C-80
Hello I Am Getting ready to upgrade from my C-80 to the new Axiom 9 Not the Axiom Pro I have A 2002 360 SeaRay Sundancer the Ray Marine equipment I Have is the C-80 MFD ,RayNav 300GPS,Radar RD218,ST60 Tridata ,and Ray 240 VHF .
Here are my questions which Axiom 9 model do i need to purchase I Know i want navionics + ,I want to install the wired Quantum Radar (Which model?) and add an autopilot and pump (not sure which one?) also along with the control head for the autopilot? sonar is not top priority but maybe would add at a later date also would like to connect the ray marine 240 VHF back to the get the data for the radio is that possible? along with can I Connect the ST-60 Tridata to give the data back to the axiom for depth? Thank You in advance Tom K
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-20, 12:10 AM
RE: [TG11] Updating to new Axiom 9 from C-80
Hello Tom,

Quote:which Axiom 9 model do i need to purchase
sonar is not top priority but maybe would add at a later date

If you're looking to get sonar later then you need to get the Axiom 9 RV - this is the version with the built-in sonar. The part number for Axiom 9 RV with N. America Navionics+ chart card but no transducer is E70367-03-NAG.

Quote:I want to install the wired Quantum Radar (Which model?)

Either part T70243 (standard Quantum + power and data cables) or T70416, Quantum Doppler plus cables. The Doppler is by far the best-selling model at the moment, it's not a huge price difference from the standard Quantum and the Doppler target tracking is great for close-quarters awareness.

Quote:add an autopilot and pump (not sure which one?)

Hydraulic pilots are specified based on the volume of the steering cylinder (ram.) It's a good idea to check just in case the cylinder isn't original, but chances are you'd be looking at an EV150 pilot with T1 pump. The specified cylinder capacity ranges for the pumps are at https://www.raymarine.com/view/index-id=579.html.

Quote:also would like to connect the ray marine 240 VHF back to the get the data for the radio is that possible?
can I Connect the ST-60 Tridata to give the data back to the axiom for depth?

Yes, these older Seatalk1 products can connect in via a Seatalk1-SeatalkNG convertor.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply