Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] C80 to E80 coversion
05-29-20, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-20 02:35 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] C80 to E80 coversion
Hello,

I had to upgrade from a C80 MFD due to screen failure. I have a refurbed E80 installed and it functions fine. However it came with a Seatalk2 pig tail. My boat is a 2006 Silverton with a Seatalk network.

My question is, is there a 6 pin seatalk alarm cable for the E80 available that has the flat 3 pin end on it? Or is there a E80 6-pin sealtalk cable that has a "flat" 5 pin end available? Would that cable work?
If so what is the part number to order?

Or would a Seatalk2 cable with the "rectangular" 5 pin work? The seatalk junction block that is installed on my boat is the rectangular 5 pin style but all the other devices like the ST60 depth/speed unit plug into the block with the 3 pin cables.
If so what is the part number to order?

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-20, 02:41 AM
RE: [TG11] C80 to E80 coversion
Hello Mark,

The only Seatalk1 cable offered for E-series Classic had bare wires on the other end, there was no version with a 3-pin Seatalk plug. You'd need to cut and splice with a standard Seatalk cable such as part D284 (1m.) Seatalk2 cables are no longer available but ought not to be used for this purpose anyway.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply