Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seatalk in hull transducer for I70
06-17-16, 10:24 AM
RE: Seatalk in hull transducer for I70
Please see the updated response above providing a link to a compatible NMEA 2000 Smart Transducer. The latest i70 software update added support for Airmar's P79S NMEA 2000 Smart Transducer, thereby permitting use of depth related alarms and depth offsets when used with this transducer. By default depth instruments and fishfinding products report depth below the transducer. Should the operator desire to instead report the depth below the lowest point of the keel, running gear, etc., then a negative offset value (equal to the distance that the lowest point of the keel, running gear, etc. is located below the transducer) would then be configured within the instrument or fishfinding product. Alternatively, should the operator desire to have the depth instrument or fishfinding product report depth below the water's surface, then a positive offset value (equal to the distance that the transducer is installed below the waterline) would then be configured within the instrument or fishfinding product.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seatalk in hull transducer for I70 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-17-16 10:24 AM