Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] A65 link to older 0183 network
06-01-20, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-20 12:47 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] A65 link to older 0183 network
I have a c127, and a set of older Raymarine instruments connected with the 3 pin cable (SeaTalk???). I have a new A65 that I was originally going to use just for engine data. I am trying find a data cable that goes from the A65 to the 3 pin backbone.... sorry but I can’t find anything. Somehow all the MFD’s should be able to share data
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-20, 12:55 AM
RE: [TG11] A65 link to older 0183 network
Hello ajmevans,

That does sound like Seatalk (what we now call Seatalk1 or ST1 to distinguish from Seatalk2, SeatalkHS or SeatalkNG...). You would connect c127 or a65 to ST1 via a Seatalk1 to SeatalkNG convertor, which comes with a 3-pin ST1 cable. You can't just use an adaptor cable, the a65 and c127 don't talk the old ST1 network and needs the convertor. I say c127 or 165 because you would normally connect the STNG output of the convertor to one display or the other and then link the two displays together via a Raynet cable.

In saying this, I am assuming you have a touchscreen a65, not a hard-key-only A65 which was retired nearly a decade ago.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply