Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S100 Remote
06-23-16, 01:47 AM
RE: S100 Remote
The a68 does not recognize the downloaded file as a software update following your procedure. I did not insert the SD card with the software update until after the MFD had booted and I acknowledged the warning message. At this point I don't know what to do. Am I getting the wrong file. I downloaded the one for the "a" series.

On the other items.

This is a new installation, the batteries in the remote are new. The remote when held next to the base station still only shows 3 bars.

I cannot disconnect 3rd party products. Both the MFD and P70R are connected to the NMEA 2000 backbone. While I could disconnect them from the ACU/EV-1 I cannot operate for long in that condition. While it may prove an incompatibility it would also show that the S100 is not suitable for its intended purpose since it is not logical to assume it will always be used in an all Raymarine network.

The problem I am identifying is not with the dodge feature. It is with accuracy of the remote to execute an input. It is hardly any better than rolling dice. It might take a 1 degree course correction and it might not. It might miss two 1 degree course corrections and then give you a 20 degree correction. In other words, any time you push a button you are not exactly sure what the result will be.

The key is probably in the wireless signal. You would think at 2 inches you would get 5 bars not 3. I don't know whether the communications is digital or analog. If analog then signal is more likely the issue. If digital, then the processor in the base station may have a problem.

Tom
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
S100 Remote - tpbradysr@gmail.com - 06-19-16, 12:35 AM
RE: S100 Remote - tpbradysr@gmail.com - 06-23-16 01:47 AM
RE: S100 Remote - tpbradysr@gmail.com - 06-26-16, 06:47 PM