Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S100 Remote
06-23-16, 04:05 PM
RE: S100 Remote
Q1: The a68 does not recognize the downloaded file as a software update following your procedure. I did not insert the SD card with the software update until after the MFD had booted and I acknowledged the warning message. At this point I don't know what to do. Am I getting the wrong file. I downloaded the one for the "a" series.
A1: It is recommended that you ensure that the downloaded ray_Adapters_20151028.upgrade.iso file is copied into the root level directory fo a microSD memory card which has been cleaned of other files. Following boot-up, insert the card and use the command HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->CHECK CARD FOR UPDATES to start the update process.

Q2: This is a new installation, the batteries in the remote are new. The remote when held next to the base station still only shows 3 bars.
A2: Contrary to the document for the S100, it is designed to represent full signal strength as three bars, not five as is shown within the document.

Q3: The problem I am identifying is not with the dodge feature. It is with accuracy of the remote to execute an input. It is hardly any better than rolling dice. It might take a 1 degree course correction and it might not. It might miss two 1 degree course corrections and then give you a 20 degree correction. In other words, any time you push a button you are not exactly sure what the result will be.
A3: The feature which you are describing is referred to as the dodge feature (+/-1 & +/-10 commands) ... these dodge commands may be executed via an autopilot control head or wireless autopilot control head and are intended the change the course heading to be steered by 1 or 10 degree increments. The key to getting this feature to function properly is to configure its Mode properly. When configured to its default setting (Fishing), the behavior described may occur. Should the vessel be a power or sailing vessel, then the S100's mode should be changed accordingly to the corresponding mode.

Q4: The key is probably in the wireless signal. You would think at 2 inches you would get 5 bars not 3. I don't know whether the communications is digital or analog. If analog then signal is more likely the issue. If digital, then the processor in the base station may have a problem.
A4: See the response to Q2.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
S100 Remote - tpbradysr@gmail.com - 06-19-16, 12:35 AM
RE: S100 Remote - tpbradysr@gmail.com - 06-23-16, 01:47 AM
RE: S100 Remote - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-23-16 04:05 PM
RE: S100 Remote - tpbradysr@gmail.com - 06-26-16, 06:47 PM