Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting Raypilot 65 into Seatalk circuit
06-21-16, 08:14 AM
Connecting Raypilot 65 into Seatalk circuit
I have recently purchase a new old stock Raypilot 65 handheld autopilot controller. At first I tried to connect it to the central wiring block for the autopilot but it wouldn't work. Then I connected it to the end of the Seatalk daisy chain that interconnects my tridata, compass, multi, autopilot, and radar/chart plotter. I did this by using the last Seatalk wire that goes into the radar. THe Raypilot 65 works fine when connected to the Seatalk. However, it required me to disconnect the radar to connect the Raypilot 65 into that last Seatalk daisy chain. Unfortunately the radar unit does not have a second Seatalk port to continue the daisy chain.

What do I need to do to get the Raypilot 65 connected into this daisy chain, or is there another connection possibility? Is there a piece of hardware I need to make this happen?
Thanks
Lew
612-889-2175
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-16, 10:10 AM
RE: Connecting Raypilot 65 into Seatalk circuit
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Lew,

Unfortunately, this long retired autopilot device is no longer supported and as such the support concerning this product is limited to the information found with the corresponding product documents posted on Raymarine's web site ... unfortunately, the Raypilot 65 is not among the listed documents. Based on what we can recall, coupled with your experience, the Raypilot 65 appears that it was designed to be installed as a SeaTalk device.

SeaTalk instruments, autopilot components, GPS sensors, and chartplotters featuring a 1st generation SeaTalk interface which do not additionally feature a SeaTalkng interface (ex. ST40/60 Instrument Displays, ST6001, S2G, Wireless AP Controller, Raystar 125 GPS Sensor, etc.) should be interfaced to one another, in any order, using standard SeaTalk Cables. SeaTalk Cables can be joined using D244 SeaTalk Junction Blocks, splices, marine grade terminal strips, or R55006 SeaTalk Auxiliary Junction Boxes. SeaTalk Cable is available in 15", 1m, 3m, 5m, and 9m lengths. This method of interfacing is referred to as a SeaTalk bus.

Over the years, Raymarine offered products with SeaTalk communications interfaces accepting SeaTalk cables having bare leads, round 3-pin plugs twist-locking plugs, and flat 3-pin press-fit plug (used within the latest products featuring a SeaTalk communications interface). SeaTalk communications networking products and adapters may be found here.

http://www.raymarine.com/view/?id=5535
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply