Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i70 - Sea Temp with Merc Gateway
06-23-16, 11:26 AM
RE: i70 - Sea Temp with Merc Gateway
psubill78 ,

Q: Given SmartCraft is pretty common for interfacing into the NMEA2k network, are you aware of any workaround that folks have used? I am guessing since the Merc gateway is a 'dumb' device - there is no configuration I can do there to stop that data from being sent.
A: No. Temperature source selection within Raymarine products would primarily be targeted at systems which feature more multiple water temperature sensing transducers as is common when more than one fishfinder sounder is installed within the system. From a NMEA 2000 purist's standpoint, a NMEA 2000 product should not be transmitting PGNs for which no sensor data has been provided. Correspondingly, as the Mercury Marine system has no water temperature sensing transducer interfaced to it, then it should not be transmitting the PGN including water temperature. Seeking to solve the problem by changing the i70's software is in effect recommending that Raymarine produce a software workaround for a problem within a third party product rather then seek a correction within the third party product itself.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: i70 - Sea Temp with Merc Gateway - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-23-16 11:26 AM