Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SR50 Weather/Audio problems with C80
06-27-16, 09:07 AM
SR50 Weather/Audio problems with C80
Hello,

I have subscribed to Sirius wx and audio..I am using the SR50
with the C80 mfd. I can received the audio channels but I am not receiving all of the subscribed channels. I have had Sirius rehit my unit several times but no change. I have mad sure that I should be receiving these channels in my package, other wise the satellite radio works fine. I live in Canada.
As far as the weather, I can find my ship in the wx application,
I get a high signal in the wx application. I have turned on Nowrad and almost all of the functions.
I get no marine forecasts, no wind etc, nothing on the wx.
The boxes just come up empty.
I try animation and nothing.
Hope you can help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-16, 02:54 PM
RE: SR50 Weather/Audio problems with C80
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum skidrow69,

There are basically three types of satellite radio receivers ... those that supported Sirius programming, those that supported XM programming, and those that now support SiriusXM programming. During the time period when the SR50 and SR100 were designed, Sirius and XM were competing satellite radio and satellite marine weather providers. The SR50 and SR100 were exclusively designed to support Sirius programming rather than XM or SiriusXM programming. Some programming was unique to Sirius and other programming was unique to XM (ex. MLB play by play, etc.).

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the Sirius Marine Weather feature which you have described. Please additionally note that C-Series Classic MFDs may only display marine zone forecasts for US NOAA marine zones. It is recommended that you verify that your SR50 has been pinged with an active SiriusXM Marine Weather subscription by checking the Radio Activation Status - Data (MENU->SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS->EXTERNAL INTERFACES->SIRIUS WEATHER) for the 1 07 0. If not, then SiriusXM should be contacted to ping the SR50 again for the SiriusXM Marine Weather subscription.
06-27-16, 08:14 PM
1. So what your basically saying is that Raymaine never supported the
Sr50 long enough for the Sirius/XM transition, therefore I won't
be able to receive all the WX functions....
Would a SR150 work with the c80????

2. What about the audio problem of now receiving all of the
channels?...These channels I am not receiving were specific to Sirius satellite prior to XM/Sirius getting together.

Thanks
06-28-16, 08:49 AM
skidrow69,

Q1. Would a SR150 work with the c80????
A1. No. C-Series Classic MFDs are exclusively compatible with the SR50.

Q2. What about the audio problem of now receiving all of the
channels?...These channels I am not receiving were specific to Sirius satellite prior to XM/Sirius getting together.
A2. Those seeking information concerning specific audio programming that will be available to owners of Sirius receivers vs XM vs SiriusXM receivers would be advised to contact SiriusXM. Per the prior response, the SR50 and SR100 were designed to support Sirius programming rather than SiriusXM programming. I have a SR100 on my own boat and as Sirius programming did not include some SiriusXM programming that I desired, I disconnected the SR100 from marine stereo head unit and instead interfaced it to a SiriusXM SXV300 Connect Vehicle Tuner.
07-25-16, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-16 08:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck

Will the SR50 works with GPM400 MFD?

Thanks
Viet
07-26-16, 08:33 AM
HiViet,

The SR50 is not compatible with the GPM400. The GPM400 is compatible with the follow SiriusXM Satellite Weather / Radio Receivers:
- SR150
- SR6 (retired)
- SR100 (retired)
09-06-16, 06:10 PM
Hello,

I finally got the complete audio lineup on the sr50 using the c80 display....I have now signed up for Sirius xm weather.
I am using the c80 with the version 4.30 update and the sr50.
I have the weather map setup with a high signal in the top corner
of the map.
I have setup the weather to display nowrad etc...
I get no wx reports, nothing.
I have placed the cursor on other areas of the eastern seaboard
and still receive no updates.
I have sent many rehits from Sirius with no change.
I have updated the c80 with the last update 5.16 trying to see if that
would work. When I do that update I lose the Sirius audio application and the weather application. They don't show up under external devices.
I switch back to the previous update and both applications return but still the weather app isn't working.
During all this the sr50 is flashing a green light.
I have tried rebooting the sr50 separately as well.

I have read at the top of this thread about the receiver not being detected after software update. I have tried to follow the directions regarding setting up the c80 as the data master MFD but I can't locate the following:

"- not having configured the Weather Set-Up's Receiver Type (HOME->SET-UP->SYSTEM SETTINGS->EXTERNAL DEVICES->WEATHER SET-UP->RECEIVER TYPE) to match the model of SiriusXM Satellite weather/radio receiver which has been installed within the system"

I can get into the external devices and see the Sirius weather but I do not get the receiver type as a scroll down choice to select the master MFD.

" then another MFD should be designated as the system's Data Master (HOME->MAINTENANCE->DATA MASTER)."
I can't locate this either.
Hope you can help.
Regards.
09-12-16, 08:56 AM
Skidrow,

Q1: I have read at the top of this thread about the receiver not being detected after software update. I have tried to follow the directions regarding setting up the c80 as the data master MFD but I can't locate the following:

"- not having configured the Weather Set-Up's Receiver Type (HOME->SET-UP->SYSTEM SETTINGS->EXTERNAL DEVICES->WEATHER SET-UP->RECEIVER TYPE) to match the model of SiriusXM Satellite weather/radio receiver which has been installed within the system"

I can get into the external devices and see the Sirius weather but I do not get the receiver type as a scroll down choice to select the master MFD.

" then another MFD should be designated as the system's Data Master (HOME->MAINTENANCE->DATA MASTER)."
I can't locate this either.

A1. These commands specified within the quotes you have specified apply to Raymarine's new a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, not to the C-Series Classic MFDs. As the C-Series Classic MFDs were only compatible with the SR50 Sirius Satellite Weather Receiver, the user interface of these MFDs include no configuration setting to select the model of receiver which has been interfaced to the MFD.

V5.16 is indeed compatible with the SR50, and will support both Sirius Marine Weather and Sirius Satellite Radio. When new software is installed within the MFD, the user must create a custom page which has been configured to run the Weather application.

If the SR50 is not detected by the system (note that it can take several minutes for the SR50 to establish communications with the MFD), then it will not include the Sirius Satellite Radio option within its menu. It is additionally possible that the SR50 is in need of a SiriusXM Restoration Signal for its satellite weather receiver ESN ... not to be confused with a subscription ping. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Similarly, should the SR50 be unable to receive Sirius Satellite Radio program options, then the SR50's audio receiver ESN may be in need of a SiriusXM Restoration Signal. Following application of the SiriusXM restoration signals, the Sirius Marine Weather and Sirius Satellite Radio subscription pings must be re-transmitted to the SR50. After receiving these pings, then the Radio Activation Status - Data and Radio Activation Status - Audio (MENU->SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS->EXTERNAL INTERFACES->SIRIUS WEATHER) for the 1 07 0. Should the values for these statuses be other than 1 07 0, then the SR50 has not received a ping to activate the corresponding subscription.
09-12-16, 04:11 PM
Hello,

Thanks for the info....
I finally figured out why the 5.16 update was not displaying any
Sirius audio application or Sirius weather map application.
I had loaded the foreign 5.16 FEL instead of the standard 5.16 ..
I now have the audio application working fine with the updated
software; however the weather application is working but still not receiving any weather.
I have reloaded the weather application and still nothing.
I read you last post and my systems is showing :
radio health: ok
radio activation status:1 01 0
radio activation status-audio : 1 07 0.

Would this indicate (1 07 0) that the status of the audio is good, since the audio is working fine?
Is the other radio activation showing 1 01 0 for the weather data?
And would this indicate that I need to contact raymarine for the weather activation ping?

Thanks
09-12-16, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-20 09:36 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
skidrow69,

Q1: Would this indicate (1 07 0) that the status of the audio is good, since the audio is working fine?
A1: Yes

Q2: Is the other radio activation showing 1 01 0 for the weather data?
A2: Yes

Q3: And would this indicate that I need to contact raymarine for the weather activation ping?
A3 Raymarine no longer support this requirement since this can be done from your own smartphone