Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPS not Working on eS127 and eS128 today
07-05-16, 01:50 PM
RE: GPS not Working on ES128 and ES127 today
Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the suggestions on the FAQ. I'm running software version 17.45 on both MFDs which I updated about a month ago. I spent several hours with Seaport on the phone (great company) who did the install. I removed the 127 from the 128 network and was able to get it running doing a reset, however, only when the external GA150 antenna is removed. Had to do the same with the ES128, remove external antenna then reset. If I connect up either external antenna then GPS does not work and I have to do a reset.

One of the Raymarine techs had told the installer when he called in on another GPS related issue to always choose "internal" antenna even with the external connected as the GA150 does not have the necessary smarts to be used as totally external GPS antenna. Just to verify can you confirm that to be accurate (setting only to internal)?

I have everything networked together again but ES128 will shut down and then start back up once as soon as I select "Chart". It does not reset a second time. I am running Navionics chart software and card is in the ES128 which is the master. I have no issue with the ES127 resetting.

Appreciate the help. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GPS not Working on ES128 and ES127 today - JohnBRI - 07-05-16 01:50 PM