Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need an old E80 classic software
07-06-16, 09:00 AM
I need an old E80 classic software
I have a E80 classic MFD that runned ok under software v3.22
I updated to v5.69 , made de factory reset ,it works but . . . Ais lost comunications and doesn't recover and radar can't get the antena . To get them working i must make a software reset and lost all my settings
I'm going sailing for long ( i'm leaving in two days to meet my boat )
So what i want to do is to downgrade to a prior software version .
I can't find old software to do that downgrade.
Can anyone tell me where can i get it?
I would like to have v3.22 wich i know worked and v5.52 to try
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-16, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-16 08:24 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: I need an old E80 classic software
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Angel,

Unfortunately, Raymarine policy prohibits distribution of older product software. That said, please note that the v5.69 E-Series Classic MFD software would not be responsible for the reported issues ... this is based upon years of customer and personal experience with the E-Series Classic MFDs. When updating from such an early version of software to v4.30 or later E-Series Classic MFD software, it was necessary to perform a Factory Reset operation upon completion of the update. After doing so, should the radar problem persist, then please respond accordingly, identify the model of radome which has been interfaced to the MFD, and then further radar diagnostics will be provided.

With respect to AIS connection lost, this problem may result from a number of causes:
- loss of, or intermittent GPS position FIX
- more than one source of GPS data within the system,
- loss of, or intermittent communications with AIS transceiver
- failing AIS transceiver
- erroneously formed AIS transmissions, typically from a government a transmitter. While such problems are infrequent, they can only be resolved by reporting the issue to the government agency responsible for the transponder. To work around such issues, AIS transmissions to the MFD must be blocked. This may be accomplished by either physically disconnecting the MFD's NMEA 0183 input port from the AIS receiver/transceiver or by configuring the MFD's NMEA 0183 port to NMEA 4800 (breaks communications due to the BAUD rate mismatch).

Please specify the make/model of AIS transceiver which has been interfaced to the MFD. Please additionally specify the make/model of GPS receiver(s) which have been interfaced to the system and how they have been interfaced to the system.

Finally, please additionally note that care should be exercised when using the MFD's Tracks feature. It is not recommended that it be left on continuously when operating the vessel for more than 24 hours. Accordingly, a best practice is to stop any previously started track and either delete or save the track.
07-18-16, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-16 03:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Angel,

Should your radome feature an analog video interface, then its cable will be plugged directly into the MFD's "RADAR" socket. Analog radomes feature an exterior cable gland while Digital/HD Digital Radomes feature an exterior socket. The analog radar cables feature white sheathing, will pass through the cable gland, and will be mated to the radomes power terminals and communications/video socket inside of the radome.

As you have indicated that that radar operation is intermittent, this problem may be caused by any of the following:
- insufficient power ... this is the leading cause of reported radar problems, particularly intermittent radar problems or radar problems occurring after a period of operation. To eliminate this as a possible cause, the vessel should be connected to shore power, its batteries should then be permitted to become fully charged, and then after charging is complete and while still connected to shore power, the MFD's radar feature should be tested. Should you be unable to reproduce the problem when tested in this manner then the problem would be deemed to be caused by insufficient power and appropriate steps should then be undertaken test and/or replace the vessel's batteries, add additional battery capacity, and/or install a generator.
- failure of the radar cable ... Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to test an analog radar cable.
- failure of the MFD's analog RADAR processing circuitry ... such testing would typically be performed by Raymarine’s Product Repair Center or by an authorized Raymarine Dealer using a compatible analog radome and an analog radar cable which are known to be operational. Any detected failure of the MFD's analog radar processing circuitry would then be repaired by the dealer or Raymarine's Product Repair Center. Please note that these MFDs have been retired for several years now and service may be limited.
- radome circuitry failure - such fault isolation would typically have been performed by Raymarine's Product Repair Center or by a dealer using a compatible MFD and an analog radar cable which are known to be operational. As Raymarine's Product Repair Service can no longer service radome having an analog video interface, should the fault be determined to be within the radome's circuitry by performing the other fault isolation tests listed above, then the radome and its cable would need to be replaced with a Digital Radome or HD Digital Radome and a Digital Radar Cable.

Will respond later concerning the AIS issue. However, I will need to know the make and model of AIS receiver/transceiver which has been interfaced to the system.
07-18-16, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-16 07:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck:the AIS is raymarine ais 350 (receiver) new
Thanks
07-19-16, 07:50 AM
Noted.