Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E90W SEATALKng communication issues
07-07-16, 05:59 PM
E90W SEATALKng communication issues
I have added a EV-1 autopilot with P70 control head and P60 wind control head to an existing E90W MFD and RS130 gps. If I connect the STng in/out of the MFD all communication between the units fails and nothing shows as connected on the P70. If I remove the E90W from the backbone then the P70 shows communication with the RS130, EV-1 unit, P60 wind. If I connect the E90W to the backbone it will see the RS130 as GPS signals but I get nothing readable in "system diagnostics" for STng on the E90W and all the other communication fails. It looks to me like the issue in within the E90W. Thoughts??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-16, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-16 09:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: E90W SEATALKng communication issues
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Wade,

It is recommended that you verify that your system's SeaTalkng backbone be inspected to ensure that it is properly terminated and that the power insertion spur has been located at the approximate mid-point of the backbone's LEN load. If so, and the same symptoms persist, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to have its SeaTalkng communications circuitry bench checked/serviced.
07-11-16, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-16 09:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck. I did have two power sources and changed it to one balanced source and resolved the communication concern. With that fixed I am now updating the software on the EV-1 Pilot. I've downloaded the software, unzipped it to the root if a blank CF card. Using my E90W MFD I boot it and I can see the different software updates for:
CCU update v2.17
ACU update v2.17
P70 update v3.05

I have performed the CCU update without issue however, I find I cannot scroll down (or up) to select the next software or the next unit using any of the keys or the track pad. The touch screen is also inoperative in this mode. The only key on the E90W MFD that works in this mode seems to be the "cancel" key which will take me to back to the previous screen. All keys and touch screen work fine in normal use. Is there something I'm missing.

Wade
07-18-16, 09:35 AM
Wade,

When updating either the MFD or external devices using an A/C/E-Series Classic MFD or C/E-Series Widescreen MFD, it is recommended that the CF memory card contain update files for a single device. After each device has been updated, the CF memory card's contents would then be deleted and the CF memory card then be populate with the next device to be updated.