The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raymarine SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng Converter Kit (E22158)
07-19-16, 11:09 AM
Raymarine SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng Converter Kit (E22158)
Hi,

I have installed a Raymarine es78 MDF. I also have the following instruments connected via STng:

EV100 autopilot
AIS 350
i70
p70
ITC5 (for wind vane and depth sensors)
Lowrance HDS7 MDF (which is NMEA 2000) and a Lowrance HD Radar connected to the HDS7.

I also have an old Raymarine's bidata (speed and depth) which is ST1 with its speed sensor, so I have it connected to the network via a Raymarine SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng Converter Kit (E22158), to imput the boat's speed to the system.

Finally, I also have an old X5 drive unit connected to the network.

When I try to "see" the connected devices in the es78, I recieve an error message that sais that it cannot be seen because there is a ST1-STng converter plugged to the network, and that I have to check the manual to solve that problem. But there is no help in the es78 manual to help me with this issue. If I disconnect the converter, then I have no speed info imput.
Something similar happens with the ITC5, when I try to configure the wind and depth sensors.

I have these questions:

Q1) is there any way to connect or bypass the converter in order to "see" all the instruments in the network on the es78, specially the ones which are ST1?

Q2) is there any way to configure the wind and depth sensors, bypassing the ITC5?

Q3) I cannot "see" the Lowrance HDS7 MDF as an alternative MDF. Is it incompatible with the es78?

Q4) Is there any way to "see" the Lowrance Radar on the es78?

Many thanks in advance for your help
Best regards,
Fernando
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Raymarine SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng Converter Kit (E22158) - ferssini - 07-19-16 11:09 AM