Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C Series Classic CF to SD card adapter for Navionics charts
07-20-16, 04:39 PM
C Series Classic CF to SD card adapter for Navionics charts
Has anyone had success using one of these adapters? We tried one with a Type I CF card, with no success, but can order a CF Type II to SD adapter online but I didn't know if it was another money pit or not.

Navionics has discontinued their Gold charts as of January, and they are the only charts that are read by the C series classic for North America it appears. We have some stock still in SD format, and would like to use one of them to help a customer with no local charts... if we can find an SD to CF adapter that will talk to the C120 at least.
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-16, 06:48 PM
RE: C Series Classic CF to SD card adapter for Navionics charts
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Seacom,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Per the FAQ, the C-Series Classic MFD must be updated with v5.04 and higher C-Series Classic MFD software to be used with the A62311 Raymarine Cartography Adapter.
07-21-16, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-16 03:52 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
The unit in question is updated to v5.16 and the A62311 does not appear to be available from Raymarine any longer, hence my question.... is the adapter a Type I or Type II or something outright proprietary?
07-21-16, 03:56 PM
Seacom,

As indicated within the referenced FAQ, third party microSD to CF adapters cannot be used with Raymarine MFDs. Several Internet dealers list these required adapter. It is recommended that these sources be contacted to determine whether they have any of these readers within their inventories. Raymarine, Inc. does not have access to the inventories of its dealers.