Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragonfly GPS reading
08-03-16, 06:37 PM
Dragonfly GPS reading
My Dragonfly 4 GPS will not work under the aluminum gunnel-is this expected, or should I have limited reading under a hardtop, etc. I always have to move the unit out of the case to above any ceiling. Is this a problem for units mounted inside a helm? What is the remedy? Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-16, 11:14 AM
RE: Dragonfly GPS reading
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum fallguy1000,

Should a Dragonfly supporting chartplotting be installed in a location which does not afford it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead (ex. under a hard top, inside a cabin, inside an electronics box, etc.), then the display's GPS receiver may not receive sufficient signal strength to acquire or maintain a GPS position FIX. Should the desired installation location not afford the display an unobstructed view of the skies overhead, then it would be recommended that an ax8 MFD or eSx8 MFD with an external GPS sensor/antenna be considered for the vessel.
08-15-16, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-16 08:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck. I am buying a Ram Mount to make it simpler to mount/dismount outside the electronics box. The current mount the unit came with requires way too many turns to setup and take down and I can't really leave the unit outside all the time.
08-16-16, 08:58 AM
You're welcome.