Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a98, i70, RayControl installation issues
08-09-16, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-16 01:30 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: a98, i70, RayControl installation issues
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Doug,

Your diagram incorrectly shows the X5 autopilot course computer being interfaced to the SeaTalk bus which is in turn interfaced to the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Instead,
- the SeaTalk bus should be disconnected from the X5 Autopilot Course Computer. The X5 Autopilot Course Computer will then be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable (maximum length is 5m). See the autopilot course computer's installation guide for information regarding how to connect a SeaTalkng Spur Cable to the autopilot course computer. The unpowered SeaTalk bus which will then include the ST6002 and ST40 will then be interfaced to the yellow socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.
- Additionally, the NMEA 0183 output terminals of the autopilot course computer will be disconnected from the MFD's NMEA 0183 input leads, as the MFD will now receive high rate heading data via SeaTalkng.
- Upon making this change, it should then also be possible to update the X5 course computer's software. Occasionally, one may encounter problems updating a SeaTalkng device's software in such cases, it is recommended that one attempt the update a couple of additional times before proceeding with reduction of the SeaTalkng backbone's spurs to including only the MFD and the device to be updated.

Raymarine product documents for the X5 autopilot course computer may be found here.

This is the first such report received concerning the Google Play Store download of RayControl app ... from any country ... unless the app was not compatible with the Android device. The problem may be related to the specs (screen size, etc.) of the tablet not meeting those of the app. Please indicate the make and model of Android tablet being used.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: a98, i70, RayControl installation issues - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-09-16 01:29 PM