Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A28106 Low Speed Paddlewheel?
08-17-16, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-16 08:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: A28106 Low Speed Paddlewheel?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum walmsleyc,

As speed through water sensors have non-linear error, I suspect that you will find that the greatest increases in speed through water accuracy are associated with instruments supporting multi-point calibration (ex. i70S Multifunction Instrument Displays) as opposed to the single point calibration supported by i50 (and ST60) Speed/Tridata Instruments. While is it conceivable that the wider, flatter surfaces of the A28106 replacement paddlewheel provide more surface area to permit greater rotational force on the paddlewheel's vanes, relatively few are sold. You may want to check with some performance sailing forums to determine whether any significant gains have been reported in conjunction with paddlewheels having the wider, flatter surfaces of the A28106 replacement paddlewheel. This paddlewheel was applicable to speed/temp transducers designed for use with the long retired ST50 instruments.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A28106 Low Speed Paddlewheel? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-17-16 12:13 PM