Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radar overlay
08-19-16, 10:40 AM
Radar overlay
I just had my c90w returned from Raymarine and a new processor board was installed. I installed the unit today and I am unable to get the radar to overlay with the cartography. I do get an active radar display on it's own page but will not overlay. Ie the radar overlay soft key will not move to the on position. This is a digital radome but does not display a dual range operation option. previously I got the overlay. Any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-16, 12:58 PM
RE: Radar overlay
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Frank,

Like the C-Series Classic MFDs, when operating with the final release of C-Series Widescreen MFD software, these MFDs must be interfaced to a source of heading data (not to be confused with GPS COG) to use the MFD's Radar Overlay feature. Please click here to view a related FAQ addressing this subject.
08-21-16, 12:00 PM
Chuck
Thank you for the reply. Please clarify however, have I lost the ability to have radar overlay on the cartography as a result of upgrading the software from 2.0 to 2.35 ?

If so that is very disappointing as this functionality is extremely useful if not critical. Can you please clarify. Also if this is the case how can I return the prior software version?

Lastly, I'm unclear or don't understand, the significance of what you are describing within the 'link' of your posted reply. The boat has an autopilot so does this supply the 10hz heading data or are you suggesting I need a newer / different autopilot to retain the functionality listed in the post i.e. MARPA, waypoints displayed within the radar application etc etc.

Thank you
Frank
08-22-16, 12:11 PM
Frank,

As indicated within the referenced FAQ, the final release of software for the C-Series Classic MFDs and C-Series Widescreen MFDs removed support for radar overlay in the absence of heading data. As you have indicated that you have an autopilot installed onboard the vessel, should you state the make/model of that autopilot, then it may be possible to specify how that autopilot may be interfaced to your MFD to supply it with heading data.
08-22-16, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-16 03:06 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck

It is a Raymarine ST6001+ autopilot.

Frank
08-22-16, 03:10 PM
Frank,

The ST6001 is an autopilot control head. The autopilot control head should be interfaced to autopilot course computer which is in turn interfaced to the following:
- fluxgate compass
- rudder reference transducer
- actuator (pump, linear drive, etc.)

Please provide the model of autopilot course computer which is installed onboard.
08-24-16, 12:49 PM
Chuck
It is Raytheon Type 300 autopilot.
Frank
08-24-16, 02:02 PM
Frank T,

If you examine the Heading data item, it is very likely that you will find that it is not populate (i.e. dashed). In the absence of heading data, the MFD will not overlay the chart with radar. If not, it is recommended that you verify that the SeaTalk bus linking the autopilot course computer to the autopilot control head has been branched and spliced to the corresponding three SeaTalk leads of the MFD's Power/Data/Video Input Cable. Should the autopilot course computer instead have been interfaced to the MFD via one-way NMEA 0183 communications (MFD to autopilot), then the MFD would not receive heading data.