Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Limited Engine data from 2007 Suzuki
09-24-16, 05:59 AM (This post was last modified: 11-14-18 04:52 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Limited Engine data from 2007 Suzuki
I connected my a78 MFD to a 2007 Suzuki DF 200 using Seatalk ng and the NEMA 2000 interface. The data page will show engine RPM, all other information on the screen stays blank. I tried using the engine set up wizard but it never gets past 'listening for engines' .
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-16, 08:04 AM (This post was last modified: 11-14-18 04:52 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Limited Engine data from 2007 Suzuki
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum kssoninc,

Per the FAQ found here, Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs are supported for use with engine systems which have been interfaced to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone via an engine gateway. Such engine gateways feature a microprocessor to support support one-way communications and power isolation between the engine system and the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone which features the marine electronics system. Please note that such engine gateways are not simply a cable having plugs matching the engine harness and a DeviceNet Micro-C (F) socket. Additionally, the Identify Engines feature (HOME->SET-UP->SYSTEM SETTINGS->EXTERNAL DEVICES->ENGINES SET-UP->IDENTIFY ENGINES) is exclusively designed to support compatible engine systems which have been interfaced to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone via Raymarine's ECI-100 Engine Gateway.

Please respond with the make / model of engine gateway which has been installed within your system.
10-02-16, 04:36 AM (This post was last modified: 11-14-18 04:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks. I was not aware that an engine gateway was needed to complete the installation. Can you recommend a unit that is compatible with a 2007 Suzuki DF 200?
10-03-16, 09:12 AM
RE: Limited Engine data from 2007 Suzuki
kssoninc,

It is recommended that your search begin with the outboard engine manufacturer.
11-14-18, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-18 04:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have a similar setup, but with a 2011 Suzuki 200. I have tried everything and I have set it up according to the attached document which I received from Raymarine support. I don't even get RPM from my engine!

I haven't tried to look at the NMEA2000 log that is supposed to be visible on the MFD.
Is that readable?
Any suggestions?
11-14-18, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-18 04:53 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
mlindel,

The diagram which you have supplied may not be consistent with the method of interfacing engines to Raymarine MFDs specified within the FAQ found here. In short support is limited to engine systems which have been interfaced to the marine electronics backbone via a microprocessor based engine gateway, not a simple cable.

The NMEA 2000 diagnostics within LightHouse 3 are somewhat limited. In such situations, it is typically recommended that a NMEA 2000 analyzer (ex. Actisense NGT-1 w/NMEA Reader PC software) be interfaced to the backbone and that the analyzer be used to determine whether engine data PGNs are present on the backbone and if so, what Instance ID is being transmitted within the corresponding PGNs. Such analyzers convert the hexadecimal data stream into human readable data.