Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding a second chartplotter
10-03-16, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-16 09:39 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Adding a second chartplotter
Heath,

Q1: To respond to A1, the AIS is connected over STNG only. All components are updated with the software pack released with the most recent version of lighthouse r17 (except the AIS, it was not connected at that time.) Will it update via an MFD, or directly from its microSD card?
A1: The AIS650's software may not be updated via a MFD. Instead, the AIS650's software is designed to be updated via a SD memory card which is inserted into the AIS650's SD card slot. Complete instructions for updating the AIS650's software may be accessed via the link found on the AIS650's Software Update web page.

Q2: To clarify Q2, my Quantum radar is the Wifi only model, so its is not connected via and physical data cables, only wifi to the belowdecks MFD. my questionwas addressing the particulars of that arrangement (can I have 2 MFD's logged in to the radar?)
A2: Only one MFD may be logged be paired via Wi-Fi Quantum radome at any time. Should that MFD be switched OFF and and one desire to use another of the system's MFD's to communicate with the Wi-Fi - only Quantum, then it would be necessary to have another of the system's MFD's pair with the Quantum radome before being able to use radar features.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adding a second chartplotter - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-03-16 09:34 AM