Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonar Chart Live
10-05-16, 11:34 AM
Sonar Chart Live
When running at speed my sonar chart live function creates a very dense, compressed line of depth lines and paints the area around them a light pink and/or tan. As a result my charts now are covered in light pink/tan streaks in the middle of which are thick, black streaks representing the depth lines. As a consequence I have stopped using the sonar chart live function until I understand what's happening. Do you have any idea? Thanks for your helpo.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-16, 12:43 PM
RE: Sonar Chart Live
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum RumRunner2006,

Would it be possible to have you perform a screen capture of the MFD's screen when exhibiting the reported symptom assist in visualizing the symptoms reported? The screen capture file may then be added to a response to this thread.
10-29-16, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-16 08:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,

I managed to reduce the file size. Hope you can read it. In other places there is no pink just squiggly depth lines in tight bundles that don't connect to the overall depth lines. Thanks for your assist.
10-31-16, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-16 09:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RumRunner2006,

It is recommended that you review the Navionics SonarChart Live YouTube video found here and here. The heavy black, closely located contour lines are representative of area in which sonar logging has taken place. The pink and red shaded areas are representative of areas which sonar logging has taken place and additionally fall at or below the Shallow Water configuration setting (MENU->PRESENTATION->ADVANCED OPTIONS->SHALLOW WATER) which you have configured within the MFD's Chart application. The density of the contour lines may be configured via the SonarChart Density configuration setting (MENU->PRESENTATION->ADVANCED OPTIONS->SONARCHART DENSITY). Lessening the SonarChart Density configuration setting can be useful in de-cluttering the chart when displaying high contour density is not required.
10-31-16, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-16 02:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for your assistance.
10-31-16, 02:29 PM
You're welcome.