The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autopilot Communication Issues
10-10-16, 12:03 PM
Autopilot Communication Issues
Hello,
I have a customer who had his wind and depth instruments overhauled a few months ago. He replaced his old Sea Talk 1 system with I60 and I50 instruments and associated transducers. We have installed a sea talk to sea talk ng converter and cannot get the system to function properly. I have attached a file with the layout of our system. When the autopilot is connected to the sea talk converter, we are getting a sea talk failure on the ST6002 and St 70 units. I have talked with support over the phone four or five times have been told that we had a bad converter, that one of our cables may be bad, it is different every time I call. I have a brand new converter and new cables between all of the units. The version of the converter appears to be version 1.21 as printed on the packaging. There is no Raymarine MFD used with the system so I don't believe there is a way for us to update the software. The customer has a Garmin 5212 unit that is not connected with the system.

When we disconnect the ST6002 and S3G computer from the system the autopilot functions but obviously is not getting necessary information from the wind instruments. I do not have an external source of power connected to the system as it is being powered by the sea talk 1 system. Hopefully you can guide us as to where our system is flawed.

Kyle
Apollo Marine Solutions

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Autopilot Communication Issues - Apollo Marine Solutions - 10-10-16 12:03 PM