Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cp470c problem
10-18-16, 06:48 PM
Cp470c problem
Hi
My name is Geoffrey Dutton , have a problem with a customers system.
He has two c Series displays connected to Radar and a CP470c sounder module.

The system worked fine for a year or so then one day all info disappeared from the f/finder page, the page comes up ok but it is blank.. The green light on the CP470c is normal flashing green apro 1per seco. The transducer was thought to be bad and was replaced with no result. Do you believe the CP470c has a problem and should we replace it.. I have looked through and chequed evrything I could think of in the menus but still no luck ..I thank you in advance for a prompt reply. Yours truly
Geoffrey Dutton
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-19-16, 08:50 AM
RE: Cp470c problem
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Geoffrey,

It is recommended that the Fishfnder application's Channel (MENU->CHANNEL) has been configured to display the CP470 Channel and that the channel's Ping Enable setting has been configured to ON. If so, then it is recommended that the MFD's Select Device List diagnostic be examined to verify that the CP470 is listed among the list of devices which have been interfaced to the MFD via an Ethernet (SeaTalkHS) network. If not, then it is recommended that communications cabling (typically RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable) be inspected to ensure that:
- the network switch (if installed) and CP470 are each powered ON
- all couplings are connected w/locking rings rotated into the lock position,
- have not been cut / modified, kinked, or damaged,
- any excess communications cable has been loosely coiled (>6" diameter), and that the coil has been secured to a bulkhead.
- the transducer cable(s) is plugged into the transducer socket of the CP470 w/locking ring rotated into the lock position
If so, then it is additionally recommended that the Select Device list be inspected to verify that both the MFD and CP470 have each been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software updates.

Should all of the above have been satisfied, then it would be recommended that the CP470 be tested with another compatible CHIRP transducer to fault isolate the problem to the CP470 or the transducer. Should the CP470 be found to have suffered a failure or should you be unable to perform the fault isolation with another compatible transducer, then the CP470 should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply