Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Try to set the Data Master
11-03-16, 03:10 PM
Try to set the Data Master
I have a e127 and e125 and each one of them only shows them self when trying to set the data master. When I did a software upgrade on the e127 it was seeing the e125. What should I be doing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-16, 06:25 PM
RE: Try to set the Data Master
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum KK_41,

The reported issue may occur due to any of the following:
- the equipment not be interfaced correctly ... with respect to Data Mastership in conjunction with Raymarine MFDs, the MFDs must be interfaced via Ethernet communications. The Data Master alone will typically be interfaced to the SeaTalkng backbone. All system data (except for NTSC/PAL analog video) will be shared between the MFDs via the Ethernet network.
- the Network Switch (if one has been installed) has not been powered. Network Switches are designed to be powered by a switched 12/24 VDC power circuit
- there is an issue with one of the Ethernet networking components ... Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
- there is an issue with the Ethernet communications circuitry of one of the MFDs
11-07-16, 06:09 AM
Thank you for the response. I have the e125, e127, ev-200 and DSM-300 should I have a network switch. I have the DSM-300 connected to the e125 the e127 can see the depth but says there is no sonar when I try open the bottom recorder.
11-07-16, 09:48 AM
KK_41,

I suspect that both MFDs have been interfaced to the SeaTalkng backbone as well as the network switch. I would recommend that you verify that the network switch is powered and that the connections from the MFD's to the switch are sound.
11-07-16, 10:07 AM
They are connected to a Sea Talkng backbone no network switch. Do I need a network switch. Sorry, I do not understand this very well. I upgraded from e120's.
11-09-16, 04:02 PM
Kevin,

The MFD's must indeed be interfaced to one another via via Ethernet communications per my initial response. Should each of the MFD's each have one unused Ethernet NETWORK (RayNet (M)) socket, then these MFD's may be simply be interfaced to one another via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. However, should this not be the case, then an HS5 RayNet Network Switch would need to be installed onboard. The MFDs along with two or more of the devices which are presently interfaced to the MFDs' Ethernet NETWORK sockets would then need to be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch.