Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S2 Calibration with P70 Control Head
11-08-16, 12:39 PM
S2 Calibration with P70 Control Head
Hello -

I'm about to head into the ocean to do the seatrial portion of the S2 calibration procedure.

The S2 commissioning guide has detailed instructions, but I'm using a P70 control head and not the original S2 control head.

Are there any considerations or issues I should be aware of before I head out? I'm hoping I can still follow the S2 guide instructions using the P70 with minimal menu differences (i.e. I can just figure it out).

Thanks!
-Jordan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-16, 11:21 AM
RE: S2 Calibration with P70 Control Head
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jordan,

When used with the retired autopilot course computers, the user interface will differ from that of the ST600x/ST700x/ST800x autopilot control heads. Pressing the MENU button of the p70 will display options which correspond to the model of autopilot course computer within the system. In this case, the command sequence MENU->SET-UP->AUTOPILOT CALIBRATION->SEA TRIAL WIZARD will initiate process of calibrating the S2 autopilot.
11-12-16, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-16 12:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hello Chuck! Thanks for the detailed reply.

When I follow these steps and hit the select button nothing happens. The unit isn't locked up; I can move the selector up and down to User/Dealer settings and enter that menus, but when I highlight Sea Trial Wizard and select it nothing happens.

I was going pretty slow when I did this... Is there a minimum speed requirement? Besides the course computer with compass and rudder angle sensor, do I need any other instruments (water speed, GPS COG/SOG)?

The auto pilot is working without the calibration, but I think it could be tracking better.

Thanks!
-Jordan
11-15-16, 12:54 PM
Jordan,

SeaTrial Calibration will not be permitted within an autopilot having the Calibration Lock setting configured ON. Ensure that the autopilot is in Standby mode and then use the command sequence MENU->SET-UP->AUTOPILOT CALIBRATION->DEALER SETTINGS->CALIBRATION LOCK to configure this setting to OFF before attempting to run the SeaTrial Calibration.