Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with compatibility upgrading my equipment
11-21-16, 03:55 PM
RE: Help with compatibility upgrading my equipment
Antonio,

Q1: Selecting Radome.
I am looking both into RD418HD and the 18"Quantum. Is there any significant difference, apart from the fact that the Quantum is Wifi enabled? This seems to be the easiest to set up, but will I lose any features / quality over choosing the RD814HD? Brief comparison?
A1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2. Series A9x MFD product selection.
I am searching on Amazon, and a bit confused when selecting the series a 9" mfd... There is a95, a97, a98, and it seems the difference resides in the loaded maps or bundled tranducers.
I am in Brazil, and can't seem to find the option with "South America / Caribbean map", and also wouldn't need any new transducers. Could you please point me to the correct product spec I should be looking for? Maybe getting the "blank" MFD plus the correct map SD?
A2. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the difference between ax5, ax7, and ax8 MFDs. Additionally, Raymarine MFDs are offered without a chart card as well as in a bundle which includes a LightHouse, Navionics+, or C-Map Essentials Chart card. Should a MFD be purchased without a chart card (recommended in your case) or a chart card which does not provide coverage of your area, then a Navionics+ or C-Map 4D Max+ chart card providing cartography coverage for your area may be purchased from an authorized Navionics or C-Map dealer respectively. Additionally, the LightHouse Charts Store sells Brazil Raster Charts for use with Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs.

Q3. Looking into the new p70 autopilot control head, to replace the ST7001+ in the helm area where all the instruments will be upgraded. Is it possible to reposition the ST7001+, having both control heads working at the same time? Will one recognize commands taken by the other?
A3. It is indeed possible to do as you have suggested. When properly interfaced to the system, both autopilots would be capable of commanding the autopilot as well as reflecting its state.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help with compatibility upgrading my equipment - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-21-16 03:55 PM