Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with compatibility upgrading my equipment
11-29-16, 04:03 PM
RE: Help with compatibility upgrading my equipment
Antonio,

Q1. Can I simply remove the retractable inner core of the old (working) D800/P17 and and stick the new Triducer in the thru-hull jacket, preventing me from removing the whole setup?
A1. Unfortunately, the inside diameter of the DST800's housing differs from that of the ST800 / P120, necessitating that the ST800 / P120's housing be removed when installing a DST800.

Q2. Will the CPT-100's gauge (screw diameter) be compatible with the leftover [censored] in the hull, once I remove the P120 speed?
A2. I believe that you have referenced the incorrect CHIRP/DownVision Transducer, as the CPT-100 is a transom mounted transducer. Should you have meant CPT-110, then please note that the shaft diameter of the CPT-110/120 is 1.26". The outside diameter of the ST800 / P120 housing is 2".

Q3. I am aware there will be depth redundancy in the system, but will the new CPT-100 and the new Triducer interfere with each other's signal? The current transducers are set side by side, about 12 inches apart.
A3. As the CHIRP/DownVision transducer are low power and do not share common frequencies, interference is not likely.

Q4. How do I select from which of the available transducers my system will read depth information?
A4. Within the MFD's Data Sources menu, you will find an option to select the Depth data source to be used from the data sources sensed by the system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help with compatibility upgrading my equipment - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-29-16 04:03 PM