Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting two a-series MFDs
12-05-16, 05:06 PM
RE: Connecting two a-series MFDs
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum oldgradyman,

Q1. While underway, I would like to use one display for nav, and the other for fishfinding, at any given time.
A1. This is indeed possible the two MFDs would need to be interfaced to on another via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. In systems featuring additional compatible devices having Ethernet communications interfaces another method of networking these MFDs would be to interface each MFD to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

Q2. Also, I'd like to control the two displays through a mobile device - either a tablet or a mobile phone.
A2. Only the Wi-Fi equipped MFDs can be remotely controlled via a mobile device ... in this case, the a78 MFD would not be able to be remotely controlled.

See the response to Q1 regarding how the MFDs may be interfaced to one another. Fishfinder transducers may only be interface to the Transducer socket of a compatible MFD or to the Transducer socket of a compatible fishfinder sounder module. The MFDs will need to be powered via the Power Cables packaged with the MFDs.

Q3. Can I simply add a network cable from the existing a78 with power and transducer already attached to the new display?
A3. This is indeed possible and as indicated within my response to Q1.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connecting two a-series MFDs - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-05-16 05:06 PM