Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting two a-series MFDs
12-12-16, 10:02 AM
RE: Connecting two a-series MFDs
oldgradyman,

Q1. does this cable connect to the "Network" socket or the "STng" socket?
A1. The RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable will be used to interface the NETWORK socket the MFDs to one another.

Q2. Since the a78 came with the more functional transducer, I assume that I can connect that to either MFD and get the sonar, etc. data on either display - is that correct? Or is the transducer data only available on the MFD that it is connected to?
A2. Transducers designed to be mated to the TRANSDUCER socket of an ax8 MFD, eSx8 MFD, or CP100 can only be mated to an ax8 MFD, eSx8 MFD, or CP100. When interfaced to a compatible transducer an ax8 MFD or eSx8 MFD will share its CHIRP/DownVision fishfinder features with other networked MFDs.

Q3. As for nav, each unit came with Navionics gold. Do I only have to update one chart chip for display on either device? It isn't clear to me how I should manage the charts, updates, and the ability to use the more detailed personal contours.
A3. Raymarine does not bundle its MFDs with Navionics Gold chart cards. Raymarine bundles its MFDs with LightHouse, Navionics+, or C-Map 4D Essentials chart cards. Should the Navionics chart cards be populated with cartography for the same geographic area, then only one of the Navionics chart cards need be present within either of the microSD card readers of the MFDs ... the MFD's will share cartography. Navionics+ chart cards are not populated with Sonar charts. Should you desire to additionally populate a bundled Navionics+ chart card with Sonar Charts, it will be necessary to do so via the Navionics web site. It may be necessary to erase the contents of the chart card (IMPORTANT NOTE: contact Navionics (508-291-6000) for instructions regarding how erase the contents of a Navionics+ chart card) prior to updating the Navionics+ chart card with Freshest Data Nautical Charts and Sonar Charts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connecting two a-series MFDs - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-12-16 10:02 AM