Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EV-1 location
12-12-16, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-16 09:44 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: EV-1 location
So being close to the waterline and centered midship is not important?

3 feet away from anything metal is difficult on my boat. What about things like the Radio speakers? Metal Gas Tank? Metal handrails? Chair Pedestal? Battery? There is something within 3 feet of every possible location on my boat and I am just not sure what has an effect and what doesn't. Wish there was a database containing mounting locations by boat manufacturer and model.

I could mount it on the console right behind the windshield but there is a metal support (stainless) that would be behind it and a metal frame around the split windshield that will be right in front of it - not sure but probably aluminum. A 6.5" JBL round speaker would be 24" below it in the cabin. Compass would be next to it about 12" away.

I have identified another location which may be the best choice so far. It's under the galley and about 22" left of center and 4' forward but very near the waterline. It is 3 feet or greater from any pump or motor including the AC unit. The closest power cable is 18" behind it at it's closest point. There is a Stainless Steel Sink that is above and behind it and 16" at its closest diagonal distance. I'm not sure if that would cause interference as Stainless Still is not magnetic (or at least a magnet doesn't stick to it). My concerns are it being 22" left and 4' forward of center and whether or not the 2 things that might interfere are a concern.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
EV-1 location - DFMott - 12-12-16, 12:42 PM
RE: EV-1 location - DFMott - 12-12-16 02:50 PM
RE: EV-1 location - jegnew - 10-04-17, 07:13 AM
RE: EV-1 location - jegnew - 10-11-17, 12:51 AM
RE: EV-1 location - jegnew - 10-28-17, 12:29 AM
RE: EV-1 location - jegnew - 10-30-17, 09:16 AM