Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Upgrading older system...
02-27-17, 09:09 AM
RE: Upgrading older system...
FishBut,

Q1. Wired the seaTalk 120 as described above and set the MFD for seaTalk 1. Wondering if the 120 is having an issue.
A1. Actually, you have not interfaced the Raystar 120 SeaTalk GPS Sensor to the system as had been previously specified ... see the response to Q3. When properly installed and communicating with the MFD (irrespective of whether the GPS is acquiring a GPS position FIX), the Raystar 120 GPS Sensor should appear within the MFD's SeaTalk Devices List (HOME->MENU->SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS->EXTERNAL DEVICES->SEATALK->SEATALK DEVICES). It is recommended that a failed Raystar 120 GPS Sensor be replaced with a Raystar 150 GPS Sensor (replacement for the recently retired Raystar 130 GPS Sensor).

Q2: I opened it up and checked the 3v battery and I am showing no volts at all. By the way the battery is in there I take it these are not meant to be replaced, correct?
A2: The RS120 GPS Sensor's battery was not designed for replacement and Raymarine has specified not part for doing so. Should you desire to replace its battery, then it is recommended that it be brought to a business specializing in replacing electronics batteries which are solder to circuit boards (ex. Batteries Plus Bulbs, etc.).

Q3: Dumb question but I only wired the three wires mentioned above for the SeaTalk connection. There is no other wiring or wiring for power needed, correct?
A3: Please refer to my initial chart addressing how to interface a Raystar 120 SeaTalk GPS Sensor to the MFD ... it additionally called for connecting leads to power and ground.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Upgrading older system... - FishBut - 01-20-17, 12:39 PM
RE: Upgrading older system... - FishBut - 01-20-17, 02:31 PM
RE: Upgrading older system... - FishBut - 02-08-17, 09:25 AM
RE: Upgrading older system... - FishBut - 02-08-17, 11:53 AM
RE: Upgrading older system... - FishBut - 02-26-17, 08:03 PM
RE: Upgrading older system... - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-27-17 09:09 AM
RE: Upgrading older system... - FishBut - 02-28-17, 06:57 AM