Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
e7 Cycles on and off
01-26-17, 10:00 PM
e7 Cycles on and off
My e7 has been working fine, but yesterday it started cycling.

It starts, loads the chart, gets the GPS fix as usual, but then turns off.

It then restarts by itself and goes through the same loop, seemingly without end.

I have checked and cleaned the connections. All seems to be in order.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I'm on the boat and need my plotter.

Cheers..Ralph
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-17, 11:20 AM
RE: e7 Cycles on and off
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ralph,

It is recommended that you determine which version of software is presently installed within the MFD. Should the currently installed version of software not be the latest software update for the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, then it would be recommended that the MFD's software be updated accordingly. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it would be recommended that the chart card be removed from the MFD's reader and that the MFD then be switched ON to determine whether the MFD operates in a stable manner with no chart card present within the MFD's memory card reader. If so, then it would be recommended that the chart card's data be updated or that a new chart card be sought for the MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the types of cartography which are compatible with a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs. Should the MFD not operate in a stable manner with the chart card removed, then it would be recommended that the loaded system voltage be measured to ensure that the voltage supplied is within its operating range (10.2 - 15.6v DC). If so, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
01-27-17, 07:06 PM
Thanks, Chuck.

I removed the card and indeed the plotter stabilized. No cycling.

But now, after reinserting the card, it won't load my Navionics Gold charts.

I've selected those charts in settings, but can only load the base map. So we're still not there.

Do you have a fix for the chart problem?

Cheers...Ralph
01-27-17, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-17 09:54 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi again,

I was able to do a software update on the e7 and accessories, and the e7 seems to be back to health. Thank you for that.

Cheers...Ralph
01-28-17, 09:58 AM
You're welcome.