Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
es78 and the Airmar B744V transducer
01-30-17, 09:30 PM
es78 and the Airmar B744V transducer
My current chartplotter is a classic C70 interfaced to an Airmar B744V transducer via a DSM module (DSM30?...not sure). I'm planning to purchase a Raymarine es78 chartplotter and would like to utilize the existing B744V simply because it's a good transducer and I don't want all the fiberglass work that would be required if I removed it. My question is how can this transducer be interfaced with the es78? Would I need to use the DSM unit or does it interface directly to the es78 unit? Thanks for the help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-17, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-17 12:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: es78 and the Airmar B744V transducer
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum TexasPilot71,

The currently installed B744V transducer cannot be mated to the TRANSDUCER socket of an ax8 MFD, eSx8 MFD, or CP100. The currently installed B744V transducer may be adapted (w/E66066 Transducer Adapter) to be mated to the TRANSDUCER socket of an ax7 MFD, cx7 MFD, e7D, ex7 MFD, or eSx7 MFD. Alternatively, the DSM30/300 may be interfaced to the Ethernet Network socket of any a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD or HS5 RayNet Network Switch via a cable assembly which has been constructed from an A80272 SeaTalkhs (M) to RayNet (M) Adapter and an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

The B744V Transducer will support 50kHz/200kHz conical fishfinder sonar features within any a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD when interfaced as specified above. Should it additionally be desired for the MFD to support CHIRP (conical) fishfinder sonar and DownVision fishfinder sonar features, then the MFD would need to be mated to one of the CHIRP/DownVision Fishfinder Transducers found here.
01-31-17, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-17 12:20 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you. Just to clarify, you mention the existing transducer can be mated to an eSx8 MFD with the adapter. I presume you mean eSx8 (which would be the MFD I'm interested in), correct? I don't think there is an eSx7 MFD line of products.

If so, and if I go this route, you're saying that I can remove the bulky DSM30/300 from the system with the addition of the adapter, correct?
01-31-17, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-17 12:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
TexasPilot71,

Q1. ... you mention the existing transducer can be mated to an eSx8 MFD with the adapter. I presume you mean eSx8 (which would be the MFD I'm interested in), correct?
A1. No. My prior response indicated that the B744V cannot be mated to the TRANSDUCER socket to an eSx8 MFD and will not not support the MFD's CHIRP/DownVision fishfinding sonar circuitry/features. As indicated within my initial response, the B744V may remain interfaced to the DSM30/300, which in turn may be interfaced to an a/c/e/eS-Series MFD or HS5 RayNet Network Switch via the previously specified cable assembly.

Q2. I don't think there is an eSx7 MFD line of products.
A2. Partially correct. While Raymarine offer 9" and 12" eSx7 MFDs (i.e eS97 and eS127), Raymarine does not offer a 7" eSx7 MFD. Unless you are seeking to add CHIRP (conical) fishfinder sonar and/or DownVision fishfinder sonar features to the system, then you may save yourself some money by purchasing and eS75 MFD (has no internal fishfinding circuitry) and then interfacing the DSM30/300 to the MFD via the previously specified cable assembly.

Q3. If so, and if I go this route, you're saying that I can remove the bulky DSM30/300 from the system with the addition of the adapter, correct?
A3. Unless a 9" and 12" eSx7 MFDs (i.e eS97 and eS127) will be installed instead of a 7" eS-Series MFD, then this is not correct. Raymarine does not offer a 7" eSx7 MFD.