Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A128 lake water temp
02-02-17, 09:35 PM
A128 lake water temp
I have two A series MFDs on my Ranger. Always been a Lowrance guy, but the Raymarine MFDs were installed in the boat when I bought it. After a small learning curve, I actually prefer the MFDs over the Lowrance units on my last boat. I have an A127 at the bow with a CPT 100 Transducer on the TM, which provides me with both 2D & Down Vision Sonar. The transducer also provides me with water temp.
At the console, I have an A128 with a shoot through transducer in the bilge for 2D Sonar and a CP200 Module for Side Vision, with the transducer mounted to the jack plate. The CP200 transducer does not provide a water temperature reading and I need it at the console, while running the big motor. How do I add water temp, without adding the CP100 module, which has the water temp sensor??
I can't add another transducer to the unit, so I'm looking for some advise.
Thanks in advance,
r/
Steve
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-17, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-17 11:13 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: A128 lake water temp
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Steve,

I was faced with the same issue onboard my own boat as I also had an in-hull fishfinder transducer and a CPT-200. Temperature data may be added to the system via any of the following methods:
- interface an i40 Bidata with a transom mounted or thru-hull instrument speed/temp transducer to the system
- interface an i50 Tridata with a transom mounted or thru-hull instrument speed/temp transducer to the system ... the i50 TriData will repeat depth from a128 MFD
- interface an i70S MFID and iTC-5 with a transom mounted or thru-hull instrument speed/temp transducer to the system ... the option used onboard my own boat
- interface a third party NMEA 2000 transom mounted or thru-hull instrument speed/temp transducer to the system ... no calibration of temperature or speed through water is supported via this option.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-17, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-17 03:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,
Thanks for the multiple options. I'll get back with you when I get this set up done.
Find all posts by this user
02-03-17, 03:08 PM
You're welcome.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user